For well over a year the Sur-Ron LBX has been the UK’s & Ireland’s most popular electric, off-road bike, and has also brought many new riders into the sport. It’s popularity has led to constant shortages and the need to place advanced orders to secure a bike. The lack of competition in this super-light, off-road category is now over, as we’re delighted to add the Talaria Sting to our range.
Although the Talaria Sting bears a striking similarity to the Sur-Ron LBX, it has a number of advantages, as it’s been developed to more than match its rival. Size, weight, power, torque and seat height are very similar, however, the Sting has 19% greater battery capacity, a wider swinging arm and a wider rear tyre to provide improved grip. The Sting also does away with a primary belt (or chain) drive and replaces this with a sealed, fixed ratio transmission box. Replacing a belt drive with a non-serviceable item improves reliability and reduces maintenance, both of which are especially important to off-road riders.
The Sting also offers a four-level, adjustable brake regen capability, which allows the rider to select the ideal engine braking for the type of terrain being tackled. Apart from providing more control on downhill gradients, greater regen will also maximise range, which has already been enhanced by the 19% increase in battery capacity. In addition, the Sting offers an extended, heavy duty motor guard, pro peg footrests and a more robust, single battery and loom connector.
The Talaria Sting has been designed and developed by a team that set-out to take the fight to the competition by producing a superior bike, but at the same price point. Come and judge for yourself by trying our demonstrators.
We’re stoked to introduce the Talaria Sting Street to the range. The shred machine can be used both on the dirt tracks AND the tarmac roads.
The road-going Sting is largely the same as its dirty sibling – same centrally-mounted 3000-watt electric motor, same brakes, same wheels, tyres, and fully adjustable suspension but this time it’s fully legal for road use.
To make it compliant for the road, the Sting now comes with a new TFT digital dash display unit, road-legal headlight, taillight, and the obvious additions of indicators, mirrors, and a numberplate bracket.
With a restricted speed of 30mph, the Talaria can be ridden on an AM licence. This means the road-going Sting can legally be ridden by anybody over the age of 16 who holds a valid CBT, any driver who passed their driving test before 2001.
The 60V, 38Ah lithium-ion battery can be charged in just 4 hours from any standard 3-pin UK plug socket. It’s fully removable too and can be taken out of the bike in a matter of seconds, making charging a piece of cake. Or, if you prefer, the battery can be charged by plugging directly to the battery unit when fitted to the bike.
With the same DNA as the off-road model, the Street Sting gives the same grin-inducing ride, without having to worry about owning enough private land to make the most of it.
- TOP SPEED: 30 MPH (RESTRICTED)
- RANGE: 50 MILES
- BATTERY: 60V 38.4Ah Lithium LG Cells
- PEAK POWER: 6000W
- PRIMARY DRIVE: Chain & Sprockets
- SUSPENSION FRONT: DNM / Optional Manitou
- SUSPENSION REAR: Fastace Monoshock
- TYRES: FR 70/100-19 RR 80/100-19
- DISPLAY: TFT
- BRAKES: 4 Piston Caliper Hydraulics
- CHARGE TIME: 4 Hours
*RANGE IS DEPENDANT ON VARYING RIDING CONDITIONS AND HABITS SUCH AS SPEED/ WEIGHT/ BRAKING
- Motor Rated Voltage: 60v (DC)
- Motor Rated Power / Peak Power: 3700w @ 2100rpm
- Motor Shaft Output Torque @ 1000RPM: 29.5 nm
- Transmission: Gearbox + Chain
- Motor Rated Torque / Peak Torque: 8.5 nm / 31.8 nm
- Motor Peak Efficiency: 96.6%
- Motor Type: PMSM (Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motor)
- Motor Mounting Position: Centre Frame
- Motor Weight: 7 kg
- Motor External Diameter: 180 mm
- Motor Axial Length: 130 mm
- Motor Cooling Method: Air Cooled
- Controller Type: FOC
- Controller Weightd 1.6 kg
- Controller Dimensions: (L x W x H) 240 mm x 110 mm x 50 mm
- Controller Peak Efficiency: 98.5%
- Controller Travelling Wave Current: 85 A
- Controller Highest Temperature: 100 Â°C
- Powertrain Rated Rotation Speed: 4300 RPM
- Powertrain Range of Rotation Speed: 0 – 5300 RPM
- Powertrain Peak Efficiency: 98%
- Powertrain Range of Efficiency: 1.4 nm – 22.5nm
- Max Range: 63 Miles
- Battery: 60v 38.4 A Lithium LG Cells
- Speedometer: TFT Digital
- Battery Life Time: 800 Cycles Before Battery Loses Capacity
- Charger: 10A 60V
- Charging Time: 4 Hours
*RANGE IS DEPENDANT ON SPEED/ WEIGHT/ BRAKING AND OTHER FACTORS
**CHARGING TIME IS FROM 0 -100%
- Max Load: 100 kg
- Net Weight: 58 kg
- Forks: Manitou (Optional) / RST – DNM (Standard)
- Wheel Type: Spoke Wheels 19 x 1.6
- Brakes: 4 Piston Calliper Hydraulic Brakes
- Sting Dimensions (L x W x H): 1870 mm x 780 mm x 1040 mm
- Chassis – Swing Arm Material
- 6061 T4 & T6 Aluminium Alloy: Chassis Construction Method: Forged by 8000 Tons Of Pressure
- Rear Shock Absorber: Fastace With Linkage
- Front Tyre Size: 70/100 -19
- Rear Tyre Size: 80/100 -19
- Chassis Weight: 9.5 kg
- Chassis Surface: Anodizing Paint Treated
- Headlight: LED
- Tyres: CST
- Brake Discs: 203 mm
- Min. Ground Clearance: 270 mm
There are no reviews yet.